Wed, 24 May|
Introduction to Project Management
PROJECT MANAGEMENT in 3 days: developed for new project managers who never had any formal training who wish to have a better grip on their projects.
Time & Location
24 May, 09:00 – 26 May, 17:00
Cyclops HQ, Stationsstraat 55, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
About the event
- The course spans 3 days of 8 hours (incl breaks) and can be given inhouse, for groups of up to 12 people. Want to organize a training for a group? Please contact us.
- Normally the course and course materials will be taught in English unless otherwise specified, but depending on the group we can organize it in Dutch and French as well.
- Price for the course is € 1750,00 pp (excl VAT).
- Training will be given by Quentin Plaetevoet (PMO Business Unit Manager and PMP certified engineer with 13 years experience in projects) and Rob De Luyck (Cyclops Managing Partner - COO with decades of project management experience)
Introduction to Project Management is developed for new project managers who never had any formal training who wish to have a better grip on their projects.
After this 3 days training, the participant will be able to:
- Identify business needs and translate them into project deliverables
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and use it to create a Budget and a Schedule
- Monitor and control the project and report about it to stakeholders
Over the years, Cyclops has developed a methodology with which it managed many a project for different clients in different sectors. It is a structured, predictive approach with a strong focus on planning and people management.
The Cyclops Methodology and its structured approach shows a lot of similarities with the standards and best practices described in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) released by the Project Management Institute (PMI). As a result, many of Cyclops’ staff are PMP certified.
1. Introduction to Cyclops and Trainer
2. What is a project
3. Why do projects fail?
4. What is Project Management
5. Different approaches
6. Stakeholder Management
7. Scope Definition
3. Risk Management
4. Executing & Controlling the Project
5. Commissioning, Handover and Closing
1. Soft Skills
2. Case Study
3. Real World Examples
Quentin Plaetevoet is a PMP® certified project manager with 14 years of experience in projects in R&D and industrial sectors such as the pharmaceutical or the food sector.
Within Cyclops, Quentin is also responsible for Cyclops’ methodology and also offers PMO services to its clients.
Rob De Luyck
Rob De Luyck is the co-founder of Cyclops, a company specialized in project management for investment projects worldwide. Today, Rob uses his experience in project management in the pharmaceutical, chemical, food and metal industry, to guide his clients throught the complex world of projects.
Rob is also CEO of Phoenixs, a company specialized in guiding companies through change processes.
- The training is organized on condition that there are enough participants.
- If there are not enough participants, Cyclops reserves the right to cancel this training with a full refund.
- If the training course does not go ahead, e.g. due to illness of the instructor or too few registrations, the training course will be cancelled and we will initiate the reimbursement procedure.
- If you cancel the training or cannot come to the course, you must provide the necessary evidence and start the cancellation procedure.
- If you cancel more than one month before the start of the course, you will only be charged a €50,00 administration fee.
- If you cancel between 1 month and 14 days before the start of the course, 50% of your registration fee will be refunded.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the course starts, your registration fee will not be refunded.
Day 1 - IntroductionAula Room
Day 3 - Case studiesAula Room